Saturday, March 21, 2015

Finally...My Big Debut

March 19, 2015 will be one of those days that I hope to never forget. I made my first prime time television debut on ABC's show American Crime. As you know from my previous blog, I was on the show and had a scene with Felicity Huffman. It was so cool to finally see it and to see it on the small screen. I had so many people blasting my Facebook and text messaging me. My best friend from my hometown even managed to get a video link for me.The support and the love sent my way was such a gift. It still is. It has now been uploaded to my web site and my You Tube Channel. I also made a couple of discs. I plan on making more of course. I have a step-dad in California that needs to see it.

When I watch the clip, it takes me back to that day. It was an amazing experience. Felicity Huffman treated me like a fellow actor and in turn became my mentor for the day. I was already a huge fan thanks to her Golden Globe and Oscar nominated performance in TransAmerica. Working with her in that short amount of time made be an even bigger fan. She was kind and she was a the professional I aspire to become. It was another day at the office for her I'm sure. For me it was a dream coming true even if it was only for a day. The crew, the director, and everyone that day made me believe that I belonged on that set. What a gift.

SIDE NOTE: You need to watch this show if you haven't already. John Ridley is a genius. I am hooked to this show!

The very next day, my husband sent me over the edge. He sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to congratulate me on my big debut. Let me tell you I turned into a blithering idiot. I was not expecting that one. What a lucky day for me. Now I have that clip on disc. It will be the best thing on my demo reel to date. It will also be something to send to casting directors. I plan on sending it to the casting director for Grimm. I have friends to stay with there. How cool would it be to have a spot on that show. Maybe one of the vessen can eat my face off!!! I am dreaming of it now friends.


1 comment:

  1. You have always been a star- no matter where you are. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete