Monday, January 26, 2015

Did you miss ME???

Sorry Friends, I have been away and crazy busy the last week. I made a trip to LA for another much needed training with L'ANZA Healing Haircare. For those of you that don't know, I am an artist or educator for this company. I travel around the country helping other stylists like myself to learn and grow in their profession. It was a crazy trip. We stayed at the W Hotel on Hollywood and Vine. Let me tell you that it was weird to be in such a beautiful hotel and then step outside to see a myriad of homeless people. Hollywood has a bizarre combination of wealth and poverty all there together. Here are a list of things I did and enjoyed:

 1. The training was awesome and we donated our time and hair services to women who were a part of the organization Dress For Success. My hope is that we empowered these women to go out and grab their dreams and life by the horns. What a rewarding and humbling experience.

 2. Grauman's Chinese Theatre- this is where all of the foot and hand prints of celebrities are in the concrete. My hand is the same size as Judy Garland. Seeing where Robin Williams's hand and feet had been was also very moving.

3. The Hollywood sign is always an inspiration. It stands for so much more than movies to me. It's about dreams and knowing that they can come true.

 4. Getting to spend time with my L'ANZA family, especially Sue Dicky and the Teals. I love you guys!

 5. Witnessing a crazy person yell and scream in the Starbucks and then completely wipe out the coffee creamers, sugar, and straws. The door had been busted out the night before. Makes you wonder what the liability insurance is on that place.

6. Seeing my friend and fellow actor, Dave Harper and his wife Bond. I am so proud of them for making the move out there.
 6. Taking the lovely head shot that you see here.

7. Of course I need to send a shout out to the flight attendants at Southwest Airlines. They were very helpful when I freaked out on the plane. They are my favorite airline:)

 Update on my novel and it's progress: I am currently waiting on reader feedback and input from my editor. Cross your fingers. I am looking for a release date in March sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment