Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1-Resolutions ( that don't get resolved )

You won't believe the day I had! It was full of chaos and mystery. The guy got the girl, the villain was slain and the day was saved!Translation: I woke up with a nasty headache that I am pretty sure was the wine from our big New Year's Eve Bash in front of the television as we watched Taylor Swift "shake it off." I knew I needed water and food. I actually made breakfast for my husband and myself. Thankfully we both lived. Then he went off to work to slay demons and dragons while I continued to nurse my new year headache. ( My husband is the executive chef at a retirement community and some fool didn't show up. I guess they had a headache too ) I muttered to myself that I had to make some changes. I was not going to make a resolution. Change seems more committed than a resolution. Or so I keep telling myself. And let me tell you I am almost convinced. The day went by in a flash. Between going to the gym ( yes I went ) and getting dressed for no reason other than to go to the mall to buy shoes, I was a busy girl. Change #1 was broken already. I was supposed to get working on my second novel. I have notes and I am already a couple of chapters in!!!Not to fear, when I went into the raped-and-pillaged-shoe-section of Dillard's department store, I was reminded that like most women I know, I needed shoes that were on sale. And indeed I got awesome boots for a bargain price. Now this was was not a part of my list of changes but it seemed viable to me that one must be fashionable as they approach change.Duh! And half the women in North Austin agreed with me as boots and shoes were tossed about the poor sales people and their beautiful shoe department. Dillard's shoe department is like walking through the land of what could be. Think about it, the right pair of shoes and you can accomplish anything. It's true. Shoes make the outfit. I'm just saying. The salesman told me that the morning crowd was rushing in under the gate before they could even raise it all the way. I bet he saw his death ( no pun intended ). I left happy and made a quick trip to the book store. I was able to read over some titles and relax in the cafe and read a few of my selections while a small child in the distance ( back of the store ) screamed at the top of her lungs and threw more than the average wall-eyed fit. It was enough to make me want to take my uterus out and step on it. I made it home, uterus unscathed. That was my day; gym, shoes, scary kids in public, and back home to actually try and make one of my "changes" happen on January 1. So the guy ( husband ) got the girl to make him breakfast, the villain was slain ( new shoes in spite of the poor soles that lay on the sales floor ), and the day was saved ( uterus in tact ). Now onto a little work.

No comments:

Post a Comment