Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I have been a busy bee...

Hello All! Did you miss me? I bet you did. I have been hard at work editing my book. I am so ready to publish but I have to make sure it is in the right kind of shape. An artist's work is never done. In the middle of all that I have finished reading three books. That's not too bad for the 13th day in the new year. I am hoping to catch up to fellow blogger, Austin Kleon. He read 75 last year. I don't know if that is the number I am going to reach but I am going to see how many I can get done. One of the novels I finished reading very quickly was Inspire by Cora Carmack. I have been following her for a while now. I really enjoy her work. She writes for the NA genre. So for me, that means it is a very guilty pleasure. Inspire follows the muse an Goddess, Kalliope. She had been around since forever and she is just trying to make it in the world. She never ages and is extremely beautiful. When she breaks ties with her latest artist, she feels guilt and remorse for hanging on too long in the relationship. In an effort to move forward, she tries to stay away from men. All of that changes when she runs into Wilder. Fate has them tied together and neither of them can deny the strings that are pulling them together. This was an exciting and heated read for me. I am not big into most romance novels, let alone paranormal but this one had me up for the last few nights reading. What a ride. I really enjoy the way Cora writes. The words flow in and of another as she had written parts of it in poetry style. At least it was that way on my Nook. I also love the way she goes back and forth between the perspective of each character. The ending threw for a, "What the ...." moment and now I am ready for the next book in the series. With all of these deity's mixing with humans, I can't wait to see what happens. Right now this is an e-book but it will be in physical form soon. In the mean time, enjoy yourselves out there. Don't get too crazy. I have a trip to LA this weekend for some training. My other life as a hairdresser and Advanced Healing Artist for L'ANZA makes me mobile sometimes. Talk at you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment